Safeguarding Children Compliance Declaration
In July 2009 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) published a report on their review of arrangements in the NHS for safeguarding children. In line with this Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust continues to monitor its own processes, procedures and policies in regards to safeguarding children and has worked with its partners to respond to initiatives and reviews at both national and local levels. In particular, the Board is assured that:
- Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust meets the statutory requirement with regard to the carrying out of disclosure and barring checks;
- There is a comprehensive body of Safeguarding policies. These policies along with the safeguarding processes and protocols are up to date and subject to regular audit;
- All Trust staff have appropriate training to a level pertinent to their role in accordance with national guidance. Training compliance is monitored monthly and reported through governance channels;
- The Named Doctor, Named Nurse and Specialist Midwife responsible for Safeguarding are clear about their roles and have sufficient time and support to undertake them.
- The director of nursing and governance is the board level director for safeguarding children. The board reviews safeguarding across the organisation and regularly audits the safeguarding processes to assure that the safeguarding systems and processes are working.
On the basis of this work Taunton & Somerset NHS Foundation Trust confirms that the board has considered its own position in regards to safeguarding children and has the necessary assurance that it is meeting its statutory requirements and is following good practice.
Last reviewed on: 17th September 2013