Musgrove Park Hospital is part of Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. We are a district general hospital, providing care to a population of over 340,000. We also provide some specialist services for the whole of Somerset, making our catchment population around 544,000.
The hospital has over 700 beds, 30 wards, 15 operating theatres, a fully equipped diagnostic imaging department and a purpose built cancer treatment centre which includes outpatient, chemotherapy day care, radiotherapy and inpatient facilities. Every year we see:
- over 41,000 patients admitted as emergencies
- nearly 9,000 patients admitted for elective surgery
- nearly 34,000 day case surgery patients
- around 315,500 patients who attend outpatient clinics
- around 56,000 patients who attend our emergency department
- around 235,000 diagnostic imaging examinations that take place
- nearly 3,400 babies born in our maternity department
- over 300 adults and children admitted to our intensive care and high dependency units.
We have around 4,000 staff, and an annual budget of £246.7 million.